Peter Ivins Eye Care is an award winning optometry practice in Bearsden, near Glasgow. The practice was opened in 2010 with the simple aim of providing world-class eye care locally. To achieve this we have combined three things:
(1) continual investment in industry leading technology, diagnostic equipment and software
(2) the knowledge of our clinical directors Peter and Craig, the pair are considered leaders in the optometric industry by their peers and travel the world lecturing on a variety of topics
(3) good old fashioned customers service from our expert team.
We are singularly focussed on looking after the vision and eye health of you and your family, putting you at the centre of everything we do. As a small independently owed practice you will never be just a number to us. Our entire philosophy is seeing fewer patients in a day to ensure you have ample time to discuss your concerns with our team. This means longer appointments times, no sales pressure and hopefully a more enjoyable experience for you and your family. We want to get to know you and your family over the years and look after your visual needs for decades. No gimmicks, no bogus sales promotions, no quick buck selling you something you don’t need.
We offer a variety of specialists clinic should you need them including:
· A dry eye and blepharitis clinic
· A visual stress clinic for children and adults that find reading and learning difficult
· A myopia management clinic to slow the progression of myopia in short sighted children
· Scleral lens clinic for complex corneas e.g. keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration
· Hybrid contact lens clinic for complex corneas
· A multifocal contact lens fitting for those over 40 starting to struggle to read
· Custom-made contact lens clinic for those who struggle to get contact lens working well
· Macular degeneration screening for those deemed at risk due to family history
· Glaucoma screening and monitoring for those deemed at risk of developing glaucoma
If you require spectacles we curate a collection of over 1500 spectacle frames. You will be guided through the handpicked collection by one of our many expert qualified dispensing opticians to ensure you achieve the look and feel you desire within your budget. We work predominantly with independent boutique spectacle frame designers from across the globe, some designer brands you will recognise, many you will not. Each frame is researched with regards to its craftsmanship, material, place of manufacturer etc to ensure the price you pay is justified. Frankly many frames are not worth the money as they are mass produced using low quality materials and you are simply paying for a logo. This is at odds with our belief that a frame should last for years and straddles function and fashion.